Saturday, January 02, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge!

A little over a year ago, I participated in a 30-Day No-Spending Challenge. It was awesome. I loved it. I spent so much less money that month and used up a lot of the stockpiles of food I had. I was considering doing a similar thing for January, when I ran across this Eat From the Pantry Challenge!

So after thinking through these two types of challenges, and thinking about what my goals really are, I have decided to sign up for the challenge. My goals will reflect not just trying to decrease the food I have in my freezer and pantry but also decreasing the amount of overall stuff in my house.

My goals:
1. Use as much of my stockpiles as possible - especially from the freezer
2. Keep grocery budget under $200. This includes approx $80 for produce from our CSA.
3. Only go grocery shopping 3-4 times this month.
4. Bring nothing into the house (besides food) without getting rid of something(s) taking up TWICE as much space.
5. Keep count of how many boxes of stuff I donate and GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!

Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today that I need to get rid of 2 things for every 1 thing 1 thing I bring into the house! Decluttering is my biggest goal!

Good luck with the challenge - I will be following it as well.

Sherry