Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge: Update 5

I went to the store again! I have at this point passed my goal amount for groceries for this month.

Here is where I am for the grocery budget for the month:

So for food so far I have spent:
Shopping Trip #1 $4.04
CSA Subscription $39
Shopping Trip #2 $42.18
Shopping Trip #3 $46.23
CSA Subscription $39
Shopping Trip #4 $48.40
Local Meats $29.61
TOTAL $248.46

I am still really happy with what I have accomplished this month. I am still a good bit below my normal grocery budget, I have used up a bunch of older things in my pantry and freezer, we have had some really creative meals, and I still have a lot of food going into February. I am disappointed not to hit the goal to limit my shopping trips to 3-4 for the whole month. If I had done that, I would have had better results on my budget goal. The problem was that we are drinking more than one gallon of milk a week all of a sudden so I keep running out of milk, therefore getting me in the store to "pick up a few more things."

No comments: