Friday, January 08, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge : Menu Week #1

Here is what we ate for the first week of January - the first week of the Eat from the Pantry Challenge. So far the only food I have bought is a gallon of milk. The rest I already had either leftover from my last shopping trip in December, my CSA subscription, or from my pantry or freezer.


Jan 1
breakfast-cereal
lunch-chicken rice soup (thawed from freezer)
dinner- spaghetti (sauce thawed from freezer), cauliflower


Jan 2
b-waffles and maple syrup
l-chicken rice soup (thawed from freezer)
d- adults date night and kids leftover spaghetti


Jan 3
b-cereal
l- bean burgers (thawed from freezer) and sweet potatoes
d- leftovers


Jan 4
b-cereal
l-sandwiches
d-bean burgers (thawed from freezer) and broccoli and carrot sticks


Jan 5
b-baked oatmeal, smoothies (I have lots of frozen fruit!)
l- sandwiches
d-pizza (sauce and cheese thawed from freezer) and salad


Jan 6
b-waffles
l- ham and cheese croissants (thawed from freezer)
d- leftover pizza and potato wedges*


Jan 7
b-toast and smoothie (I have lots of frozen fruit!)
l- mac and cheese**
d- bbq chicken (thawed from freezer) and roasted delicata squash and salad (both from CSA)

*EDITED - forgot to make the wedges, just had pizza
**EDITED - did not have this, had some leftover odds and ends instead!

No comments: