Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Oldie but Goodie: "Count and See" by Tana Hoban

Title: Count and See
Author:Tana Hoban
Ages: 3 years- 5 years

My 3-year old adores this book. He is obsessed with counting right now and he loves to look through this book INDEPENDENTLY. (Making this one of my favorite books as well) The pictures are all really nice black and white photographs. Ok, I know that sounds boring but it is actually really nice. I have to warn you of something else. Don’t laugh at the cover photo - This book was written in the 70s. All the other photos are of items that don’t show their age.

Each page has the number in digits and spelled out in letters, plus dots to count AND a photograph of something really interesting to count. It goes straight from 1-15 and then 20, 30, 40,50 and 100. Really great since my son was getting really tired of counting only from 1-10.

**This post was originally written 4/14/2006**

No comments: