Our current status:
- My kids are allowed to watch 1 video (30 mins-1 hour) each day. Most days they do not even ask for one.
- I don’t watch any television at all.
- Both my kids love playing games and typing on the computer and I have been waffling on the time limits and they have been spending a lot of time doing that.
- I spend way too much time checking email and reading blogs.
I am happy with the limited amount of time my kids watch TV, I am not going to do a TV-free week. I will outline our goals below.
Our goals for the week:
- Limit my kids to 30 minutes each on the computer per day using a free timer program I found online.
- Limit my computer usage by only using it during set periods of time during the day. I think those times will be 7-7:30am, 1-1:30pm, and 7:00-7:30pm. I keep my task list on my computer so I will have to print that in the mornings so I won't go to check it and get "trapped" by the lure of my email.
- Participate in one craft or activity each day with my kids (using that time I would have been reading random blogs!)