Saturday, March 14, 2009

Portland Trip with Kids Plan - Spring 2009

Well, I basically have a plan for our Portland weekend. I have sifted through tons of information about activities in Portland and basically listed them in priority order. Then I take a look at our calendar and try to piece them in like a puzzle. Some of the lower priority items are listed as optional depending on how our days is going. Some possibilities are that the kids are exhausted and need to relax some, or an activity is not as interesting as we had hoped and we have to move on. I am the kind of person that has to have a plan, but I also know I have to be flexible and adapt as we go.

Unfortunately, we ended up shaving one day from our trip, and the train ride is eating up a bit more of our day than we realized so we don't have a ton of time. (My mind has already started wandering to when we might go again!) So here is my list....

Top Priorities:
OMSI
World Forestry Center

Optional:
Zoo or Children's Museum (Weather?)
Chinese Garden
Powells

*Note: I have written a bunch of posts about Portland so if you want to read more, click on the Portland Label at the end of the post, and you will see all the Portland entries.

No comments: