Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Richard Scarry's Best First Book Ever


Title:Best First Book Ever
Author:Richard Scarry
Ages: 3-5 years

I have fond memories of Richard Scarry books from when I was growing up. A few years ago, I pulled out an old one to share with my son and was pretty disappointed with the busy pages and strange characters intermingled into the story. So I really think the choice of the title is a bit odd. This is not a great first book.

But now that my son is 3 and a half, we are really enjoying this book. He likes to look at it on his own and read it with me. It is chock full of all sorts of things to learn about like colors, numbers and months of the year. I'm sure we'll be enjoying this one for a long time to come. So even though it is not a great first book - it is a great book for the preschool set.

*this post originally written 5/17/2006

No comments: