Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I Love You Because You're You

Title:I Love You Because You're You
Author:Liza Baker
Age: 1-4 years

I took the advice of PJ Librarian at The Magic of Books and got the book I Love You Because You're You. I was so excited that I wanted to read it right away to my 3-year old. I should have waited until he was in the mood for a cuddly-lovey book-reading-snuggle instead of eager to go outside to play. I, on the other hand, was almost crying as I enjoyed holding my quickly-growing-up little boy while reading such a sweet book. PJ Librarian hit the nail on the head for me when she said

Plus, as a parent it is a reassuring read to sooth a soul on a crazy and hectic day.

Another thing I like a lot about this story -- It goes through a bunch of situations where the little fox's mother still loves him like when he is sad or angry or loud but fortunately it does not do what some other similar books I have seen do. It does not suggest bad behavior to my little one that he may not yet have thought of, like

I love you even when you paint the walls and your brother too!
I love you even when you disobey and run into the street.


Sure we still love them but lets not put any ideas in their heads.

*this post originally written 5/9/2006

No comments: