Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekly Unplugged Project : Scissors



This week's Unplugged Project topic is scissors. We have missed quite a few weeks so I wanted to jump back in even if I was feeling less than inspired today.

I drew shapes on paper and asked my kids (2 and 5) to cut on the lines as best they could. I thought this was a good chance to get an idea of where their scissor skills are and help them as I could. My 5 year old did pretty well, and I had a chance to sit down with my 2 year old and give him some pointers. His cutting actually drastically improved in just a few minutes, with a couple of tips.

So I was pretty happy - we were amused for a while and some of us even learned some new things!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back with us this week! I need to sit my 2 year-old down with some scissors and see what she can do too. Great idea!

Julie said...

Perseverance...that's how the snail made it to the ark...and how we all learned to use scissors! :)

Michie said...

My daughter is 3 and had loved her scissors for quite some time - it doesn't matter at all what she's cutting. You could give your 2 year old some paper and just let him snip! Just make sure you let him know what is and isn't ok to cut - don't want to lose any important papers! :)

Chrissy said...

My little one needs some more practice with scissors as well. Glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Thats super --- gotta keep trying, your kiddos wil be scissor pros in no time!