Friday, February 22, 2008

Joy Joy Joy !

My kids are outside playing in the backyard! Hooray! We have had such icky weather lately but today is beautiful and it makes me think Spring is on the way.

This is really the first time I have felt comfortable having my little one out there without being right with him. (He's 2.5) Of course, I am just right inside the door and can hear them and partially see them. We have an awfully small yard and it is fenced in so it should be a pretty safe place.

You can probably tell from reading that paragraph what kind of mom I am - did you guess paranoid? If so you are right. It is such a struggle to let them play and "be boys" and balance that with my overactive sense of danger and catastrophe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful! Lovely weather and a bit of time to yourself (well, sort of). It is a happy day when the youngest is old enough gain a little distance. Not that we don't love them, but seeing them playing together in the back yard while you have some time alone feels great! Enjoy!