Tuesday, May 05, 2009

There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Seuss

Title: There's a Wocket in My Pocket
Author: Dr. Seuss
Age: Birth – 3 years
I am all for educational books. In fact, we make a beeline for the non-fiction children’s books each visit to the library. Our whole family is learning an amazing amount from the books we read with my 3-year old including books like the Fire Truck Factory.

But some books are just fun! I love reading this Dr. Seuss book with my kids. It just rolls off your tongue and the pictures are funny to look at. Maybe I should not have said JUST fun either. They say that listening to rhymes helps kids develop their language skills and maybe even math ones too. And everyone knows that laughter is the best medicine. Keep rhyming!

*this post originally written 5/2/2006

No comments: